'Sup, y'all
You would think that it would be easy to find an internet cafe in the capital city of the world, but it's a tougher proposition that you'd think! Anyway, yo to my homies 'n bitches, I be chillin' in New York!
I've been here for about 3 days now, having arrived here from London on Friday afternoon. Really just been getting my bearings, on foot as well as those touristy sightseeing buses! It was pretty rainy on Friday and Saturday, which made for a bit of a bleak introduction to the city--I headed out to Times Square on the first night and it was a sea of umbrellas. But it's mostly cleared up now. I've also been for some wanderings around TriBeCa, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy and the East Village. Saw a bit of Harlem a couple of days ago when I accidentally got onto an express train which bypassed my stop at 103rd street and went straight to 125th street. I haven't really had time to set foot into any museums or theatres yet, there's just so much to see outside!
Had a great time in London. Wasn't too happy to be there to start off with; think this must have had something to do with leaving my tour buddies back in Rome, along with the nice weather! Anyway, I got over it, and really enjoyed seeing the place again. Caught up with an old friend from Sweden and also headed over to Cambridge for an evening, catching up with some more friends and going to a dinner at Queens' College. That was an experience! After standing for grace, said in Latin of course, we sat down for a 3 course dinner prepared by the chef, who happens to have been awarded 4 Michelin stars. After dinner, we retired to the sitting room to drink claret and enjoy the selection of cheeses. The company was quite interesting--we had a few fellows of the college, an Australian opthalmologist on sabbatical in Cambridge to write a book, as well as a few other people, probably also with lots of important credentials. I spent most of the evening sitting quietly and trying not to put my foot in my mouth! The contrast with the previous evening in Soho couldn't have been starker!
Managed to do some celebrity spotting when I stumbled on the premiere of Poseidon at Leicester Square. Saw Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, and some other people that neither I nor my fellow gawkers in the crowd had heard of. Seen one famous person (albeit exclusively in geek circles) in New York so far, Richard Stallman, a.k.a. RMS, who I passed in the 42nd street subway station a couple of days ago.
Anyway, I'm in another Apple store (see previous comment about lack of internet cafes), and I'm probably getting lots of dirty looks. Will have to put a plug in for Apple somewhere (buy a Mac!!). Until next time...
I've been here for about 3 days now, having arrived here from London on Friday afternoon. Really just been getting my bearings, on foot as well as those touristy sightseeing buses! It was pretty rainy on Friday and Saturday, which made for a bit of a bleak introduction to the city--I headed out to Times Square on the first night and it was a sea of umbrellas. But it's mostly cleared up now. I've also been for some wanderings around TriBeCa, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy and the East Village. Saw a bit of Harlem a couple of days ago when I accidentally got onto an express train which bypassed my stop at 103rd street and went straight to 125th street. I haven't really had time to set foot into any museums or theatres yet, there's just so much to see outside!
Had a great time in London. Wasn't too happy to be there to start off with; think this must have had something to do with leaving my tour buddies back in Rome, along with the nice weather! Anyway, I got over it, and really enjoyed seeing the place again. Caught up with an old friend from Sweden and also headed over to Cambridge for an evening, catching up with some more friends and going to a dinner at Queens' College. That was an experience! After standing for grace, said in Latin of course, we sat down for a 3 course dinner prepared by the chef, who happens to have been awarded 4 Michelin stars. After dinner, we retired to the sitting room to drink claret and enjoy the selection of cheeses. The company was quite interesting--we had a few fellows of the college, an Australian opthalmologist on sabbatical in Cambridge to write a book, as well as a few other people, probably also with lots of important credentials. I spent most of the evening sitting quietly and trying not to put my foot in my mouth! The contrast with the previous evening in Soho couldn't have been starker!
Managed to do some celebrity spotting when I stumbled on the premiere of Poseidon at Leicester Square. Saw Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, and some other people that neither I nor my fellow gawkers in the crowd had heard of. Seen one famous person (albeit exclusively in geek circles) in New York so far, Richard Stallman, a.k.a. RMS, who I passed in the 42nd street subway station a couple of days ago.
Anyway, I'm in another Apple store (see previous comment about lack of internet cafes), and I'm probably getting lots of dirty looks. Will have to put a plug in for Apple somewhere (buy a Mac!!). Until next time...

2 Comments:
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
By
Anonymous, at 11:56 pm
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
By
Anonymous, at 5:01 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home